Large quantities of light can hereby be transformed. The red mangrove is without a doubt the most dominant mangrove in the world.
- takes root on rocks and roots (like Anubias & Javafern)
- the plant can be grown in an aquarium/terrarium/vivarium/pot
- tolerates fresh water/ brackish water as well as salt water
- it filters the water (nitrates and phosphates) – whereby it improves the quality of the water
- grows slowly
- average seed size is 7-12 inches
Red Mangroves due to their tolerance of high levels of salinity, warmth & cold as well as light – ideal for salt water aquariums.
What benefits do Mangroves have?
- filter nitrates and phosphates better than any other mechanical filter
- produce a better atmosphere in the room or in the aquarium for the fish
- offer a nesting place for nesting
- offer varied green areas outside of sweet water aquariums, or brackish or salt water aquariums
- shorten the settling in time of aquariums up to 80%
- offer wonderful hiding places for young fish and all other